Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Considering the Apostle Paul's Approach to Speaking to Students

And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. (1 Corinthians 2:1-5 NIV)

What is our approach when we speak to students? Do we come to them with all of our charisma, flashy-pants, and persuasiveness? OR... Do we approach them in weakness, fear, and trembling allowing for a demonstration of the power of the Holy Spirit?

Just some food for thought and self-examination...


No comments:

Post a Comment